MINUTES Turkey – 13 to 15 October 2014
- Multimedia Phrasebook:
o Format proposed by Spain.
o Each country presents its acomplisements:
§ Poland: they are missing audio
§ Bulgaria: They only have the sentences in English, they have to complete it.
§ Romania: They have to insert images/illustrations made by students, others need copyright permission. Audio can be heard in some of them and in others, you can hear nothing:
§ Turkey: They need the web password to upload their products. Spain’s ICT coordinator will send it to them shortly, but the best solution is for Turkey to send the documents and files to Spain, and the coordinator will upload them
§ Italy: They have finished it and sent it to the coordinator, but it hasn’t been uploaded yet. Please send it back to the coordinator, to verify why it was not completed yet.
§ Spain: finished, including the introduction. See http://iesjavirtual.es/comenius/files/frases.swf
o Note: If someone has any problems to complete it, Spain may send a tutorial in order to help you.
- Democratic Values Brochure/Leaflet
o Every country has finished their own. Either leaflet or brochure, as it was agreed in Bulgaria:
§ Poland: leaflet
§ Bulgaria: brochure
§ Romania: leaflet
§ Turkey: pending to upload it.
§ Italy: leaflet (it’s finished, they bring it to the meeting)
§ Spain: brochure.
o Every country has to insert in their leaflet or brochure the winning cover from Spain. http://iesjavirtual.es/comenius/files/portada_democratic_values_leaflet.pdf
o The winning cover was voted by 1 teacher and 2 students from each country. Spanish proposal won it.
- Traditional Story
o Students from the different countries performed their traditional story adaptation, either through a video or a live play.
o The end of the story will be finished by Spain and uploaded it, sometime in November.
o It is agreed that it is necesary more rehearsal and preparation in order to have it performed as a whole. It will be performed in May in Spain by students of the different countries. Each country will bring their clothing, helmet and all the necesary equipment needed, and all this will be shared if required.
o A booklet is to be published with all the traditional stories (one per country where Don Quixote returns to Spain after this long journey. This booklet will contain illustrations which will be elaborated within the Reading Plan, (each country will elaborate their own).
- Food and Nutrition Book
o It was agreed, based on the amount of recipes (120) in two languages and the dificulty it carries in its perorming to publish only 60 recipes, this implies that each country will have ONE recipe per chapter. This way there will be 10 recipes per country in two languages, which will make a total of 60.
o A one day Menu will be included per country.
o Poland will make the layout of the food and nutrition book. Six copies will be made, which will be brought to Spain, one per country.
o Italy’s proposal is kept. This is that each recipe will include a part with “Additional Information” where a little history of the recipe is included, as wll as when it is recommended to be eaten, etc.
- Sporting Competition
o During the meeting in Spain, 18, 19 and 20 May, the final competitions of Voleiball, Basketball and Football will be held. Bear this in mind when selecting your students to come to Spain.
- Reading plan
o The agreements regarding the Reading Plan are as follows:
1) Each country chooses a character from another country.
2) Students are to research on the historical social and political character background in the Language and Literature class
3) A fragment of the book or a character’s story is read in class.
4) The characters’ values are recognized and discovered. Alternative narrations are created from the original one, etc.
5) In collaboration with the Art teachers, illustrations, caligrams are created; recreations of chapters or scenes are to be held, based on their readings, etc.
6) These creations (images, drawings, scultures…) are to be brought to Romania (any format, including the digital on) and are presented to all of us.
7) Each country will make a drawing of each character, that will be included in the traditional story booklet like illustrations.
o Once agreed on the above procedure, each country chooses their character as follows:
§ Don Quixote: BULGARIA
§ Nasreddin Hoca: ROMANÍA
§ Giovanni Boccaccio: SPAIN
§ Yordan Radichkov: ITALY
§ Vlad Tepes: POLAND
§ Nicholas Experienceky: TUKEY
- Joint song:
This product is going to have two different songs:
a) Traditional song:
o Spain proposes that each country researches a song related to the democratic values within their traditional folklore.
o It is agreed that each country searches a traditional song or one that it is created by the students where some democratic values are dealt with, in case they are not found, it will be considered enough the traditional song itself.
o In Romania, students will interpret the chosen or created songs, in their mother tongue. This performance will be recorded by the Romanian team.
o After the Romanian mobility, each country will receive their own recordings, including subtitles in English and they will be sent to Spain so that these songs can be played with their subtitles in English.
o Spain is going to create, with the help of the other countries, a song or performance like Bollywood, where more and more students are joining litle by litle.
o Spain will start this idea, and other countries will participate through videoconferences. There will be previous recordings on the web so that students from other countries are learning them.
o The last day of the mobility in Spain, it will be performed
- It is recommended to use more frequently the ICT tools we have such as: wiki, blog and Facebook.
- All the products that are finished have to be uploaded to the EST (European Shared Treasure) database.
- It is agreed to hold a new videoconference on November 25th at 11 a.m. Spanish time. The topic to be dealt with in there is the Reading plan characters. Students will have to share the characters peculiarities, ideas for caligrams o drwaings, etc. Bulgaria will coordinate this videoconference using Webex, which continues to be free of use.
- The next mobility meeting will be held in Romania on March 23, 24 and 25. Adrian, the Romanian coordinator, comments that they have about 18 to 20 host families. Esther proposes that some teachers might host some students and they are going to look into that. She is asking how many students each country is going to take to Romania.
Alcorcón, 21 October, 21-10-2014
General Coordinator, José Félix Barrio